Labs ‘n Life has only been able to launch and stay afloat with the generous support of our dedicated crew of volunteers.
Naturally, given the nature of the work that we do, all of our volunteers must satisfy the mandated requirements of our statutory authority, i.e. police clearances and mandated reporting training.
Labs ‘n Life has a vast range of opportunities for volunteers to involve themselves in this fantastic, innovative charity:
You could be like:
- Kay, Ross and Sue for volunteer service on our board.
- Anne who has handled our books, etc.
- The Hayes and Hulme families who host a brood bitch.
- Rebecca, David, Amelia, John and Dianna, and Richie and Julie who host Labs ‘n Life dogs until they are ready for placement.
- Beccy, Liz, Dagmar, Simon, Clive, Annie, Sue, Annette, Ashley and Ross, Rob and Anne who donate core dogs.
- Jean, Kirsty, Sharon, David, Ross and Rebecca who assist in core programmes.
- Alex, Mark, Ross and John who make equipment accessories for use in programmes.
- Amy, Steve, Heidi and Rob who kennel dogs during holidays or weekends.
In addition to these activities, we have the following needs for volunteer assistance in the near future:
- Fundraising committee – raising funds to train dogs specifically and place them.
- Host Labs ‘n Life puppies from Thatcher and Stella litters for up to eighteen months.
- (Dog) Pickup and delivery drivers to assist in core and schools programme delivery.
- Weekend warriors – kennelling dogs over the weekend to give dogs a family atmosphere. Naturally yards would have to be inspected to ensure that they are Labrador proof.
Please contact Labs ‘n Life if you could assist with fundraising, or if you are interested in volunteering or simple wish to provide a donation.